So here's a quick update on my iPod/ computer troubles.
Finally got my computer fixed and set up back in the old den, went looking for my music folder and it was nowhere to be found. After about an hour and a half of searching I found an old one which pretty much contained a good majority of the tracks and moved 'em into the new folder.
This took about 25 minutes or so.
Found my EMusic folder and started downloading certain files from that and then all of a sudden my track listing count went from a paired down 8,000 to well over 14,000! Seems a slip of the finger selected "all" so that's what I got. Problem is, a large portion were duplicates so now I had to start the long task of going through the library looking for duped songs. THIS took over 4 hours.
Now, as I write this, I am downloading individual burned cd's I have purchased through iTunes, which takes an ungodly amount of time anyway, but to add insult to injury it's not recognizing the track names or any other info from the house-burned little plastic info discs!!
Which means I have to go in and personally edit each track including the song name, the album name and the artist. Screw the genre, etc.
So that's where I'm at. If I didn't love it so much I would've abandoned this folly long ago...
4 hours ago