Friday, December 14, 2007

COUNTDOWN TO ECSTASY!


Guess what, folks? My Canadian contact just sent me an NME ALERT which stated the following:
"Kula Shaker have announced the US release of their first album in nine years.

'Strangefolk' is due out Stateside on February 19 via Cooking Vinyl USA.

It's the band's first album since 1999's 'Peasants, Pigs And Astronauts', and was produced by Sam Williams (Supergrass) and Chris Sheldon (Foo Fighters, Pixies).

The US version features a slightly different tracklisting than the UK versions released last year, which includes the bonus track 'Persephone'."--NME

I have the date booked off work already, have bought my $15.00 I-tunes gift certificate and have the 27 digit redemption code memorized!! I'm ready, BABY!

Kula Shaker frontman Crispian Mills has been in exile for a number of years due to a 'sticky' paternity suit with former Spice Girl Geri Spice; but HALLELUJAH, the baby ain't his, it turned out to be Lou Gramm's (Foreigner's former lead singer). Which MEANS that Crispian is now free to return home to his beloved England and record the long awaited follow up to the critically acclaimed and afore mentioned "Peasants, Pigs and Astronauts". You may recall that the title track won a Grammy for
"Best R & B Performance" in 2000.

Fans like me have always hoped (nay, PRAYED) that the mighty Shaker might reform and release yet another masterpiece of sonic brilliance. And now our prayers have been answered, and on February 19th, 2008 I will be in my den with my earphones, my ipod and a large pack of Twizzlers revelling in the musical wonders of this great band. Don't worry, at the advice of my friend Dave I will be posting a "COUNTDOWN", kind of like a Kula Shaker Advent calendar, periodically until the 19th Feb.

NOW if only FOCUS would reform, I could die a happy man.

*sigh*

No comments: