Sunday, June 15, 2008

They Walked Among Us!!


Since my bud Thom over at the Surface Tension blog decided against posting a video of one of my favorite early punk groups, The Misfits, I thought it only fitting to give you a brief history of their discography and key tracks. As Thom briefly stated, the Misfits were certainly one of the creepiest bands of the early 80's, especially when Glenn Danzig was fronting, but they always did it with tongue firmly planted in cheek, paying homage to the sci-fi and horror "B" movies of the 50's & 60's in the process. I have pretty much ignored any album without Danzig, and any Danzig solo album as well for that matter. He got a little too serious about the whole "King Of The Damned" thing. Anyway, these guys were a powerful beast of a band during their heyday and influenced a host of other acts in the process, including many bands from the speed metal and hardcore groups of the mid to late 80's, especially Rob Zombie.

Walk Among Us

KEY TRACKS: Night Of The Living Dead, Devil's Whorehouse, Astro-Zombies

Earth A.D.

KEY TRACKS: Green Hell, Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?, Die, Die My Darling

Static Age

KEY TRACKS: Static Age, TV Casualty, Some Kinda Hate, Angelf*%k, She

After these three seminal albums they kind of lost the plot, in my humble opinion. And Danzig? Well, he pumped up to twice the size of Henry Rollins and is still scaring little kids and grandmothers to this day. Even appeared on an episode of "Adult Swim's" Aqua Teen Hunger Force!

1 comment:

Nazz Nomad said...

Thje Misfits were Danzigs band. W@hen he left, the band had all of the legitimacy as the Doors did without Morrison or Creedence did without Fogerty.

Walk Amoing Us is obne of the best punk records ever.
However, Earth AD is so crap-thrash oriented that it was a running joke between me and my friends that it was like "hot potato"... we used to trade it back and forth and not want to get stuck with it.

Nice site- I added you to my OMFUG