Saturday, October 4, 2008

John Lydon Spreads It On


So John Lydon is appearing in an advert for Country Life butter spread in jolly old England, eh? What to think, what to think...
Lydon says it's "because he loves his country". Hmnnnn. Let's travel in Uncle E's Way Back Machine and revisit some of his more famous quotes about his beloved homeland, shall we?

“I think (English) national pride leads to nothing but wars and hates.”

“(Talking about Britain's school education) They take your soul away. They take your brains away. They don't let you have an opinion that's different from theirs. You've got to think what they tell you to think. So when you leave school, your only future is getting married. And by the time you're about 29 you got two kids, and you just wanna commit suicide.”

“It's a repressive society where you can't be horrible, I'm not horrible, they made me horrible, I'm just honest.”

And my personal favorite, severely appropriate in light of his up and coming butter ad,

“I'm no one's lap dog, you can't put me on a leash, and that was the attitude of it, fuck off.”


Here's the video. Watch it and try not to retch. Go on! I mean it, maaaannnnnnnn!!

2 comments:

Nik said...

Anarchy in the Dairy, mannnnn!

Oof. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Alessandro Vitelli said...

Poor old John.... he's getting old and he turning into all those things he used to spit at.
It'd be fun putting him up against Stephen Fry, though....