Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some New Noises, Please!

"There are days when I can't remember what the Sixties felt felt like, but boy, yesterday sure wiped all the rust and dust off those Sixties ideals."

That quote is from Holly, she of The Song In My Head Today fame, and she's referring to the historic election we had a few days ago. That quote got me thinking, and I wonder if we're going to see a massive change in the musical winds over the next couple of years. I'm not naive enough to think that we'll see another burst of creativity like the mid to late 60's, but some truly original ideas would be nice. There have been some great albums released in the past 8 years but a ton of those have only built on the foundations of the past. I'm a little tired of playing "spot the influences" if I'm to be totally honest here. It's time to stop regurgitating and time to start creating something new. Or is that impossible? I'd like to think that it's possible myself, and with the regime change here in the States it should be a good time for it.

I can always dream...

No comments: