Thursday, July 17, 2008

See You In A Few Days!

I'm off camping in the mountains for a few much needed days of rest and relaxation, folks, and I promised my wife I wouldn't bring the lap top. No posts for a few days, so go visit all the fine folks I link to on the left side of the blog.

In the meantime, enjoy these quotes from Spinal Tap:

"Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation."

"Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful."

"Do me a favor. Just kick my ass, okay? Kick this ass for a man, that's all. Kick my ass. Enjoy. Come on. I'm not asking, I'm telling with this. Kick my ass!"

" May I start by saying how thrilled we are to have you here. We are such fans of your music and all of your records. I'm not speaking of yours personally, but the whole genre of the rock and roll."

"You can't really dust for vomit."

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

" It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black."

" The numbers on our amps all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and..."

" The review for "Shark Sandwich" was merely a two word review which simply read "Shit Sandwich"."

"We're very lucky in the band in that we have two visionaries, David and Nigel, they're like poets, like Shelley and Byron. They're two distinct types of visionaries, it's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water."

"I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything."

No comments: